Laser Dentistry in Colleyville, TX
As dental technology evolves, Azure Dental is committed to keeping up with it for our patients’ increased comfort!
Laser dentistry allows you to experience a range of dental treatment with greater comfort, improved healing times, and reduced bleeding. We’ve introduced soft tissue lasers to our Colleyville, TX dental practice so our patients can experience the very best in modern dentistry.
How Can Dental Lasers Help?
The soft-tissue dental laser both sterilizes treatment areas and offers precise removal of damaged or affected tissue without the need for stitches. The added precision of the laser also allows us to preserve more healthy tissue so we can practice more conservative dentistry – a feature our patients truly appreciate!
Soft tissue lasers can be used in a variety of ways, including:
- Frenectomy – Some people have enlarged or overly tight frenums, the tissue between your gums and your lips or your tongue and the bottom of your mouth. This can lead to a number of issues, including speech impediments. A soft-tissue laser allows us to repair “tongue tie” and other frenum problems more comfortably than ever before.
- Gingivectomy – Excessive gum tissue can lead to problems. Whether you’re troubled by a “gummy smile” or the contours of your gums are uneven and unattractive, we can remove excess gum tissue comfortably and without the need for stitches by using the soft tissue laser.
- Periodontal therapy – Treating periodontal disease involves sterilizing and reducing periodontal pockets, the gaps between your gums and your teeth. Lasers allow us to sterilize the pockets much more effectively and precisely remove infected tissue while protecting healthy tissue for improved healing.
- Aphthous ulcers (canker sores) – Some people are prone to sores on the insides of their mouths, particularly along the inside of the cheeks, the lips, or beneath the tongue. These are known as aphthous ulcers (or, more commonly, canker sores), and they can be quite painful. Using the soft tissue laser, we can reduce the pain and shorten the healing time so you can be comfortable once again.
- Cold sores – Unlike aphthous ulcers, cold sores are caused by a virus (herpes simplex type 1) and are contagious. They can also be quite painful and disruptive to your daily life. In addition to anti-viral medication, soft-tissue lasers can help reduce pain and improve healing time.
The Benefits of the Soft-Tissue Dental Laser
The idea of using a laser inside your mouth can be intimidating!
Don’t worry, though. It’s actually quite safe and far more comfortable than traditional manual treatments.
Both patients and dentists appreciate the benefits of the soft-tissue laser, which include:
- Faster healing times
- Reduced bleeding
- Reduced swelling
- No need for stitches
- Greater comfort during and following the procedure
- Reduced need for anesthetic shots and numb lips
- Reduced risk of complications following procedure
- Reduced need for pain medication and the accompanying side effects
Call to Schedule an Appointment
Want to learn more about how we use our soft-tissue dental laser to provide outstanding dentistry at Azure Dental? Call our Colleyville dental office today to schedule your next appointment or a consultation!